Outlook/Windows Mail Email Setup
Google Apps Email Addresses
To configure Email on Outlook or Windows mail, just follow the steps below:
On the 'Incoming server settings' page, some fields may be pre-populated. Make sure to change the following:
- Open Outlook or Windows Mail.
- Click the Tools menu, and select Accounts or Email Accounts
- Click Add.
If you run into any issues, the information below lists all the Google account server information:
Many clients will automatically configure the appropriate IMAP connection settings for your account, but confirm that the connection settings your client configures are the same as what's listed below.
You can use the following information to configure your IMAP. If you have problems, contact us for further instructions.
- Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server - Requires SSL
- Port: 993
- Requires SSL:Yes
- Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - Requires SSL
- Port: 465 or 587
- Requires SSL: Yes
- Requires authentication: Yes
- Use same settings as incoming mail server
- Full Name or Display Name: [your name]
- Account Name or User Name: please enter username@your_domain.com
- Email address: please enter username@your_domain.com
- Password: your Email password
Also, if you're having trouble sending mail but you've confirmed that encryption is active for SMTP in your mail client, try to configure your SMTP server on a different port: 465 or 587.